Webinar recordings and presentations are available to Members.
Part of APDU’s Public Data University series, this webinar serves as a baseline learning experience and systematic overview of demographic statistics at the Introduction to Data Sets: National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) Demographic Statistics. This presentation will explore the following questions:
- What data are collected? Who are the primary users?
- What research questions are most frequently answered with the agency’s data set?
- How are the data collected? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- How frequently are the data updated? At what level geography are they collected?
- What is the delay between the reference period and publication?
- How are the data disseminated? How is the agency’s web delivery system structured?
- Who can the user contact if they want to know more about the data program?
Virginia Harris, Statistician, USDA – National Agricultural Statistics Service
USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service Demographic Statistics 101 (Intro to Data Sets)
Free, APDU & C2ER members and LMI Institute member states